It has been 47 days since my last post! I have not done well at keeping my thoughts on paper in the last month, most likely because there’s been too many thoughts to make sense of them … or because I’ve been too lazy to sit-down and write them out.
In the short version of the past 47 days I’ve:
- celebrated Easter with Calvary
- packed my things to move from Hosting Unions
- flew back to Texas
- delivered my colloquium presentation on The Ethics and Practice of Working with Welcoming and Affirming Congregations
- completed my course work for my Master of Social Work degree
- hung out with my little munchkins
- celebrated a sister’s birthday and mother’s day with the family
- had multiple breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with friends to catch up
- had pseudo roommate situations with two of my Texas favorites
- saw my little man play baseball
- graduated from Baylor School of Social Work
- returned to DC
- moved from Hosting Unions to Outdoor Familia
- began the transitioning of my projects
- returned to the joys of the tapestry
- celebrated a high school favorite having her first child
- hiked humpback rock with Political Religion
- submitted my syllabus for the class I’ll be teaching at the Sitar Arts Center: Can you say 1950’s
- Dinners and coffees with DC favorites
- Saw Bridesmaids (very funny) with Political Religion, Kindhearted Law and her girlfriend.
- lived through week 1 of pastor boot-camp: bulletin and sermon #1
Hello life in DC it’s good to be back! And, hello to my blog … it won’t be another 47 days to my next post.